heater??

muddcakedmaniac

Hey well first off, with the whole carb issue. I went with a totally rebuilt carter. The guy said it was remachined and just all around better then the orginal. It was 170$ and when i send him my old carter ill get 20 bucks back.... I dono my dad did a ton of research on it and decided that this was the best way ...

But now since winter is a coming its time to take care of my heating issues. The blower wont blow. I know there is heat coming out of the vents and the faster i drive the more blows out but when she sits there it doesnt blow. I checked and double checked the fuse and its not that... My question is '' what now ??'' Is there anything else i can do ?? If not how much does a blower cost and how hard is the add ??? My dad said it was a b*tch beacuse its under a ton of things.. I dono whatever help you can give is great....

I'm sorry I can't give you more detailed advice, you didn't mention what vehicle you have. I am guessing a CJ or YJ because you talk about a carb.

I would test the blower motor before trying to replace it. Find the wires going to the motor (should be right over the front passengers feet) and put power to it and see if it works. If it doesn't, you need to get the heater assembly out to replace the motor.

I'm sorry I can't give you more detailed advice, you didn't mention what vehicle you have. I am guessing a CJ or YJ because you talk about a carb.

I would test the blower motor before trying to replace it. Find the wires going to the motor (should be right over the front passengers feet) and put power to it and see if it works. If it doesn't, you need to get the heater assembly out to replace the motor.

I had the same problem in my '94 YJ. They stretch the wires pretty tight from the controls to the blower motor, and at some point they had worn through and caused a short. I'd check the wiring from the controls to the motor first. Yeah, getting the blower out of a YJ sucks.....I started to go that way but quit when I saw how involved it was going to be.

Let us know what you find out.

Back