Got my 1st Jeep

John13

Hello, my names John. Picked up my 1st Jeep last Wednesday. I always wanted one, but rode a motorcycle in the summer for the past 16 years instead of getting a Jeep. Last year, I was riding my '05 Electra Glide Classic and some young girl playing with her radio, crossed the dbl. yellow and hit me, threw me off the bike and totaled it. To make a long story short, I got a Jeep instead of replacing the bike (decision made with help from a 3 and 6 year old :~) )

I found a 1998 TJ and must admit, I wasn't quite sure at 1st, my daily driver is an '02 Silverado EXT cab long bed, so the ride is totally different. However, once the top came off and I got some miles, I'm adjusting very well. I'm looking forward to some fun with my family in this and hope to be an active member of the forum. I'm hoping to do some fun work to the Jeep, but hopefully not so much that I cant enjoy it. Sorry for the long intro.

here's a few pics.

IMG_2251-1.jpg

IMG_2252-1.jpg

welcome and nice jeep just wait till you start the modifying it gets addicting

Attachments

• Picture 278.jpg
    Picture 278.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 264

thank you everybody.

Unfortunately, the dealer is picking it up today. It's still within the 30 day 1000 mile warranty. Last Thurs on the way home it started sputtering and hesitating. I was able to get it home, but decided since it was under warranty until the end of the month, I didn't want to do to much in case it was something expensive. If I'd have known for sure it was something really simple, I'd have just fixed it. No sense trying all sorts of fixes, get 5 days after warranty and find out the computer is screwed up, or all the fuel injectors etc...

Hopefully I get it back soon, it's a blast to drive

Welcome to the site. Nice looking Jeep! Hope the dealer is quick with the fix.
I know what you mean about getting adjusted....I bought my first jeep in October of 1984 & after freezing my behind off all thruogh a Chicago winter I was questioning my purchase...then in May I took the top off for the first time....I've been hooked ever since.

Got the Jeep back today, crank position sensor was bad. Drove home 40+ miles with no issues. I hope that was the only problem

Back