GOOD YEAR AT/D

CHIFFG

Anybody know anything about these tires? Good Year doesn't have anything listed on there website about them, but I did find out that they are manufactured for Sams club and its subsideraries (walmart etc.) They looked like a pretty tough tire.[addsig]

well, your question sparked my interest... i found the following quote on epinions.com:

http://www.epinions.com/content_58440257156
I have a 91'Ford Ranger 2wd with 80,000 miles . It came with Firestone fr480 tires on it. My truck was stolen about 5yrs ago and they had to replace the tires with the same Firestones. They where good tires but not in the rain or snow. I bought some Goodyear Wranglers at/d at the Sam's Club in Nov 2001, they said that they were to be quite and smooth riding. I had replaced some of the parts under my truck,trying to find out what was causing all that thumping when i went over some bumps on the city streets. After replacing some parts under the truck the noise was still there so i went back to Sam's Club in March 2002 and told them about the tires that were causing that thumping,but they didn't really wanted to do anything about them, anyway didn't have any of my size 225/70r/14 to replace them with another brand of tires, so out the door i went. I paid $69.00 a tire ,total of $323 there . I then went to Levin Goodyear Tire Store in Hammond,IN locally here and the person Joe.R was very helpfull. I had the Goodyear Wranglers at/s installed there and he even said that if i didn't like them in 30 days i could return them and have my old tires put back on. After they installed them ,Joe and i went for a ride,WOW what a difference, no more thumping and smooth going over the bumps in the road. I told him he could keep those old tires! He took my tires in trade so i paid a total of $309 for the at/s installed balanced and with road hazard.

it looks like he had the at/d, but he switched to at/s... probably made for costco for a reason, ya know? (cheaper!)[addsig]

Back