Differential worries

Aduncan34

lately my jeep has felt like one of those vibrating massage chairs at the mall at certain speeds. i think it might be either my rear differential or my transfer case (just a guess on the last one). around 40 it has a mild vib., then it dies off as you pick up speed, then it starts again, a little more strongly at 60. i think it might be a differential problem because the vibration feels just like what my jeep did before my front differential locked up on me. any help/suggestions will be appreciated

i had a similar experience with mine. the holder on my yoke that holds the u-joint in place was broken off and my u joint was shaking so rapidly it was vibrating the entire cab. i would check that out 1st.

thanx for that, ill look into it, but the vibration isn't the whole cab i can just feel it in the drivers seat, and others say they feel it in the passenger seat too, but the whole cab isn't shaking.

I would make sure that the wheels are balanced properly first, particularly the left rear. 40mph vibrations are often caused by the wheel and tires on vehicles with a one piece shaft.

thanx, that sounds possible since i just recently had two tires replaced up on the front, so it could be them. funny, thats when the vibration started too! duh, my bad!!:roll:

Back