dead 2.5 need help with swap

jaywiz1977

ok guys i got a 95 yj with a blown up 2.5,5speed.Time for more power.I'm thinking I want to go with a gm 4.3l out of a 2002extreme S-10(due to the fact that I got one from a buddy that did a 350 swap,engine,harness,all axcessories,and ECM).Ok now heres the questions,know i'm gonna need a transmission,but don't know what to get or what to get it out of(want to stick with a 5 speed).Want something that is gonna fit nicely between my 4.3 and my np231 and still give me some length for a drive shaft.the other question is can you just change the input shaft in the transfer case to mate up to the new trans(week 21 spline TC)Also the jeep has plans for a 4"lift and 33s for tires.It is running the 4-10 gears and am looking for a 8.8ford for the rear.Trying to keep this as cheap as possible s o a list of donors would be great for when I'm wandering around the bone yard.There absolutly no wranglers in any junk yard 150 miles from me to steal a ax15 out of either.

i already love the 4.3 have never had one let me down! just posting everywhere to get as much info as i can.you gonna tell me where these 4.3 deals are or what?PLEASE..PLEASE,PLEASE.

Back