Daystar/Prothane 1" urethane bushing lift question

diverdr

Hello all, it's almost time to order the body lift for my son's 87' YJ. I've decided on a 1" urethane bushing lift. I need a kit that has not only the lift bushing but the lower bushing as well cause all the bushings are toast! They just crumble. The Prothane kit and the Daystar kit both have both sets of bushings but I read in one catalog that the daystar requires reusing the bushing sleeve(the metal piece that sits in the whole on the metal bracket thats welded to the frame that the body sits on). The picture of the prothane kit on 4wd's website appears to show copper colored metal coming out of the lift bushing ,.....is that a bushing sleeve????? To further complicate/confuse me the guy at ok4wd that carries the daystar kit went and opened a box and said the dastar kit had what HE thought was a bushing sleeve in the lift bushing. Anybody that has installed either of these please let me know. To much work has gone in to cutting the floor to access lock nut plates to remove broken body mount bolts to leave the rusted bushing sleeves in there!! Thanks a bunch!

Thge daystar kit Does have the metal sleeve the protrudes through the frame. I know this because i have installed one on my jeep and several others.

Back