dana 44 wheel studs

bryanjeep

RE: New girl in town

I would like to get some longer studs for my Dana 44. What is involved in pressing them out? Can I do it myself? What about putting the new ones in? Where can I get some studs that will fit my holes?

UPDATE: 14 bolt is in.

RE: CHAT is ON!

bryanjeep said:
I would like to get some longer studs for my Dana 44. What is involved in pressing them out? Can I do it myself? What about putting the new ones in? Where can I get some studs that will fit my holes?

UPDATE: 14 bolt is in.

If you are not going to reuse the studs a big hammer will push them out.
when putting new ones in
1 put the new studs in thru the back of the axle end
2 get 2-3 grade 8 washers (hardened) place them over the stud sticking out of the axle end
3 put a lug nut on backwards (flat side against washers)
4 use air gun to pull stud thru
5 keep checking the back so when the stud is flat against the axle end your not still cranking the air gun, and messing up the threads.

as to where to get new longer studs I am not sure.
if you can take one of the ones you removed from the axle,take it to any parts store and see what they have,maybe?

RE: yj wont start when cold

Y&up... BFH, even if you were gonna reuse, BFH!! need help, I have a lot of built up tension!

Gone for a while... (But now, I am back!!!)

make sure thar your studs are pressed in before using the bfh. mine are threaded in from the back on supior super dana 44 axels
jim

you can go to any parts store and get the measurements for the application... then you can just ask for something longer in the same thread pattern

Back