Damage to the TJ and the New Addition

K-Phat

Thanks for the welcome back guys. This is going to be a long one.......So a few things happened to the old TJ the last couple of months that I was unable to post. Some good and some bad. The good first. I finially got my KC Lights to work. Had a hell of a time with the wiring, mostly getting the grounding right and finding out that the KC 5 way wiring harness was defective. They are super sweet. They light up the night like nothing else, but are so hot they will melt the KC grill guards :evil: I also replaced my headlights with the SilverStar Halogens from Sylvania, so I got a little more light power to go with the KC 150watters. The bad news is that Northern VA has been getting rocked with some crazy storms this summer and about a month ago I got caught out in one and I was traveling some back/rural roads at the time and at night. There was tons of water coming down and this was the first time I ever had to use my windsheild wipers on High speed. I was traveling along at about 30 mph (in a 45) when I saw a flash of lightning strike a tree about 30 feet in front of me. I stoped the jeep as the tree fell. lukly the tree was nowhere near hiting me, but when it fell it hit a power line which fell and hit my TJ on the passenger side. Not only did it hit me but it was wraped over my KC Light and passager side mirror. So I was stuck. I sat in my Jeep for like ten minutes thinking about what to do when I finally got up the nerve to take the wire off my Jeep. So I grab an extra T-shirt from the back and rolled down the window and through that thing off the ride. The next day I when I could see all the damage that had been done I found that the whole passenger side from the front to the back had verious scratches from the front to the rear. The cable also bent my windsheild light bracket a bit, but luckly the light was all good. The most scratching damage was also on the light bracket (which I've repainted) and just above the bracket on the A-pilar. But since it is a Jeep I'm not to pissed about all the scratches :D I'm just glad I had the hard top on and not the soft. That cable would have come right through that thing.

So now the bragging part. In addition to moving into a new town house in July (complete with a garage 8) ) I have a new Jeep vehicle addition. The misses need a new car to comute to school and work in and we (and her parents) wanted her to have something with 4-wheel or all-wheel drive. So naturaly I wanted a Jeep. She loves mine, but is not an everyday wrangler girl. So we got a Liberty Renegade (KJ). It is a black 2003. It is a four speed auto :( (girls :lol: ) and has a ton of nice options, some of which are more car like than Jeep like. It has power everything, including sunroof :) It has heated mirrors, CD, auto-diming rearview mirror, leather seats, on board computer, keyless entry, doors you can not take off so on and so on. It also has some nice options that are more Jeep like, such as the Hella light bar, the class III tow hitch, running boards, roofrack and rivited flares. The factory rims are really sweet and the tires are Goodyear A/T (30in). I'll post a picture when I get a chance. The only thing is no one waves at you when you are in a Liberty......... :?:

Hey,that sounds dangerous.Glad to hear you werent hurt and that the jeep wasnt hurt to bad either.Nice,so you got the misses a jeep.Sweet!So,is liberty earn the jeep name?

Your lucky that the wire didn't zap your ass! Reguardless Good to hear!

How does wifey like the liberty. My Broad test drove one but diidn't care for the interior layout, she ended up getting a ZR2, (not sure how that happened) You get to beat on it yet??

Johnny

PS, not to give you any ideas, but they make lifts for liberty's

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH IFS!! Why did Jeep put the stinkin IFS on the liberty? Anyway congrats on getting out that little power line incident ok! I dont think we could handle another tradgedy.

Yeah thank goodness the power line incident wasn't all that bad. As for the Liberty I have not really been able to "beating on" it I've only taken it on some light off-roading twice. The first time was the night we got it and was just down the street from my house where they are still building (just had to put it in 4H) and the other was down an old gravel acces road to some power lines. As for the IFS is really isn't that bad, but I would never go for it on my TJ :D

Back