Concrete clean up time... need help!

LVRockCrawler

Okay... I know you've all been there... lots of oil stains on the driveway and garage... the wife got me a pressure washer for X-mas (HINT HINT!!!) - tried just the hi-pressure water but didnt do it ... any suggestions on what to use to get the oil up out of the concrete? dont want to just go to HomeBoy and read labels - hope to draw from experience out there! Thanks!

RE: Kazza Lite a pay site???

Just oil up tyhe rest of the drive to match the stained areas! Problem solved! hehehehe tug

Quick question about TJ Tire size vs. Gear Ratio.

funny guy there tug! passed on your suggestion to the wife and you just dropped quite a few points on the popularity chart!!!! just cuz youre on the other coast and safe!!!

RE: Quick question about TJ Tire size vs. Gear Ratio.

I've tried all the tricks.....it's not coming totally off. I ended up cleaning the concrete around the oil so much the stain showed up more. I've got stains in the shop that have been there for years, and it's sanded/sealed concrete.

I have used ordinary liquid dish-washing detergent. Paint the stain with the detergent, scrub, scrub, scrub, scrub; let sit, then blast away with the pressure washer.

Works pretty good, at least on a painted concrete floor.

Gadget

PS: The liquid dish-washing detergent not only cleans grease spots from the concrete floor, it will make your hands oh so soft and clean your fingernails too. :wink:

im a fan of the kitty litter or oil drying stuff at pepboys. works well for breaking up bad stuff..... then, there is some really agressive cleaning liquid at home depot... let it soak, then pressure wash the crap out of it.

RE: Windshield Wipers

Inspector-Gadget said:
PS: The liquid dish-washing detergent not only cleans grease spots from the concrete floor, it will make your hands oh so soft and clean your fingernails too. :wink:

i'd say its worth a shot then

RE: 5 x 4.5 wheel spacers, 1.5" thick

i use laundry detergent for it, my grandad used to own a service station and thats how he got it up whenever he cleaned the bays. it works pretty well, just a little bit of elbow grease

i have used kitty litter to get the majority of it up. after the liquid part is up sprinkle kitty litter on it again and work it with a piece of wood, such as a 12-20 inch piece of 2x4. rub it till the kitty litter turns to powder on the stains are gone

jim

Back