Clutch Problems

cinnpass

My clutch master cylinder started leaking, so I replaced it. Then my slave cylinder started leaking so I replaced it as well as the pressure plate and clutch disk. On this model (1993 Wrangler 4.0L w/5 speed) the slave cylinder and the throw out bearing are the same. Everything seemed to work fine for about a month then I started getting a little grind every once in a while when going into third gear. This has steadily gotten worse and now it won't hardly shift into any gears while the jeep is running. The transmission seems to shift fine and smooth when not running. Any ideas? Is the clutch messed up or what do I need to check. Thanks for your help.[addsig]

adjust your linkage if its that hard to shift when you have your jeep off and place it in gear depress the clutch it will it should start to pull while you start because what i can tell by your post the clutch has finally seated and my need to be reajusted also what type of clutch did you put in it if its a dual friction centraforce that what it needs the one that we put in my freinds cj needs to be adjusted every couple of months some times it too tight somtimes is too loose we called centraforce and they said that is normal. also if that dont work change you fluids somtimes if they are spent they wont protech aginst fricton.

marc[addsig]

lets hope you're not getting the legendary Jeep "peice of sh!t brass synchro syndrome".. best of wishes to you there[addsig]

Amen to that Snitty... welcome aboard cinnpass! My slave/throw bearing is starting to leak on the outside (where it connects to the master) too. What I'm going to do is swap the bellhousing, slave, and throwbearing from a '94 or later transmission. Should make it easier to change the slave when it gets bad. Hope what I said helps.[addsig]

Well after checking with local jeep and transmission shops, I do have the "piece of sh!t brass synchro syndrome".. and I thought that only gm and ford had the market covered on the so called "good ideas"[addsig]

Put in Redline MT90 in the transmission, or maybe even GM Synchromesh, that will improve the shifting and possibly make that transmission last a little longer. Welcome to the bad transmission gang, I've got one on the garage floor waiting to go in. It's all DC's fault for incorrectly recommending GL5 rated gear oil for the transmission
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back