CJ Lift Question

wtgray

Recently purchased a 4" Superlift kit for my 1980 CJ-7. The kit came with a transfer case drop (1"), pitman arm, and pinion angle shims for the rear axle. I am wondering if I will need any other modifications, such as driveshafts, etc., to make this lift work correctly? Jeep has a D300 Transfer Case, D30front axle and a D44? rear axle. Thanks for any information or suggestions.[addsig]

the only thing you might want to do is extend your brake lines. I just did a 4" rough country lift. That was the only added thing I bought over what came in the kit. Drive shafts should be ok.[addsig]

How do you like your rough country lift? How was the installation? How does it flex? Is it very stiff? and any other information you might have. Local 4x4 shop really pushes them. thanks in advance Tug[addsig]

so far i like it allot. right now it has only be mudded up once but i plan to get down and dirty this year. it rides allot better than stock. the kit was not that hard to install. getting the old crap off was!!! i also did a shacle reverse while i had it apart. jeep does not have that damn wandering issue now. i also run 35's. the only thing i noticed were the shocks were much thicker so i mounted them upside down. the kit was complete with eveything i needed. i purchased it online and the guy gave me a pretty good deal.[addsig]

You might watch the driveshaft length. You don't have much more room for expansion. Good Luck.[addsig]

Back