cd players

huskerdoc12

I don't know if I posted this right the first time. I don't chat much on-line. Whe you put a cd player in the center console does it skip like crazy or does it function ok? it has to be at a bit of an angle so I was worried it would skip.

Some brands handle angles better than others. I had a Sony (sorry can't remember the model) in mine, and it would barely ever skip. I've heard sony's are the best at steep angles.

Welcome to the Z's, huskerdoc 12 - I don't know much 'bout those mini-78 RPM record players but, welcome!! LBR

you had a sony that WORKED???

I'd rather have a block of wood in my dash than my sony. It didnt' even know how to skip right. When something skips from a bump, the music stops quickly, then recovers. Mine did that too, but it wouldn't pick up where it left off. It would be as if it didnt' really skip. If you sang along, it would pick up where it WOULD have been if it didnt' skip at all. Or it would skip to the same time of the next track. The display often froze on me.

If you are driving your jeep the right way, you would make the radio skip

RE: what is this??

I put a JVC cheapo in my center console and it rarely skips and I have an old CJ7 with stiff springs. You have to really jar it to make it skip, and if that happens you're really not worried about the skipping music anyway!

RE: Re: RE: cd players

Thanks guys. I was mainly talking abouy everyday driving. I mught get a mini-disc. I have one in my dodge intrepid-it never skips.

Me and some friends did this little test using about six different brands, but it was years ago and electronics change so much that it's probably not relevant anymore. I was a Sony fan. Sony was the most likely to skip. Pioneer and Panasonic performed like champs. I started using Pioneer in my Jeeps. Cheap enough that it doesn't matter too much if it's stolen, and the quality is plenty good for the application.

Snitty, I HATE that feature of Sony CD players. It goes back to where it skipped most of the time, but it takes too long to do it. I'd rather just have it skip once and go right back to playing where it picks up.

Re: the end of my world...

I've got a Pioneer and it does just fine in the center console. I think you are right on the angles though... I know my Pioneer spec sheet says it will function at up to a 60 degree angle, and I think that's what a Tuffy mounts at. Check out model info on the web before you buy.

RE: Re: RE: New Jersey State Inspection

I'm also a pioneer fan. Premier is a great line of products

RE: cd stuff

I'm also a pioneer fan. Premier is a great line of products

Back