Body Lift and Tires

87YJNUBE

when i got this jeep (87YJ -2.5L TBI,141k bone stock) with the exception of a body lift (2'' kit with the stock rubbers approx.3" over all) it has 31x10.5 tires and its killing it.I don't want to get into changing ring & pinion gears,because this is a trail and light mud toy not a rock crawler.My question is if I drop the tire size down closer to stock (maybe 235 or 225 ) should I remove the lift so it dosn't look goofy and if so how big a deal is it to do?ALSO does anyone know the height diffrence between the 31x 10.5 and the 225/75-15 and a 235/75-15

I believe the 225/75-15 is appx 27-28 inches in height.

do what is pleasing to your eyes.

Not for nothing, going from a 31" tire to a smaller P metric tire is not going to help all that much.

For gods sakes its a jeep you go up in tire size not down
get a VW BUG if you want to down size:razz:
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAN :shades:

DONT KILL A JEEP!!!!!!!!:D

Attachments

• smile.jpg
    smile.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 242

when i got this jeep (87YJ -2.5L TBI,141k bone stock) with the exception of a body lift (2'' kit with the stock rubbers approx.3" over all) it has 31x10.5 tires and its killing it.I don't want to get into changing ring & pinion gears,because this is a trail and light mud toy not a rock crawler.My question is if I drop the tire size down closer to stock (maybe 235 or 225 ) should I remove the lift so it dosn't look goofy and if so how big a deal is it to do?ALSO does anyone know the height diffrence between the 31x 10.5 and the 225/75-15 and a 235/75-15

Find out your current gears and find good used axles that are lower geared to swap in. Too bad it's TBI and not MPFI. Adding the HO injectors and TB makes them REALLY perk up!
Try swapping to NGK spark plugs (IIRC, the ones I put in my '86 MJ with 2.5L TBI were 2288s aka BKR6EK) That stopped the pinging and the knock sensor allowed the timing to advance some more, increasing the power.

I believe the 225/75-15 is appx 27-28 inches in height.
For sure, 28.28in x 8.85in. I keep a metric to regular tire converter in my tool bar.

I think that you need to reevaluate your situation before you take your tires down a size and take a lift off...but i bought a man 4cyl. when I was called crazy, and I'm happy. I just changed to 4.88s. Just remember the closer you are to the ground the higher the water goes in the cab:shades:

Sorry about that guys,your right.I must of had a brain fart or something.I promise it want happen again. ANYWHO THANKS FOR THE INPUT !!!

Back