BAD Fuel Pressure Regulator

84_CJ7

I picked up a fuel pressure regulator from NAPA the other day for my Weber. An adjustable 1-5 lbs by Mr. Gasket (only one I could find). Idle went way down, no carb seepage from extra pressure and I thought, ok, I see how this could be helpful. But I never could get power at higher speeds - the engine faltered and hesitated and surged. Thought that it might be the timing. Had to stop for the day. Went out yesterday to find the problem and couldn't get the Jeep to start. Moved the timing - nothing. Opened up the carb and adjusted the choke - nothing. Poured fuel in the carb - fired right up. Ok, I have a fuel issue. Took off the line in front of the filter and turned the engine over - lots of gas. Removed the line on the other side of the fuel filter - lots of gas. Between the fuel regulator and the carb - NO gas. Pulled the regulator tried to blow through it with no luck. Opened it all the way up, all the way down and all points in between with no luck. This thing is BAD.
Anyone else have any similar experiences? Are these MR Gasket regulators a POS or did I just happen to get a bad one?

Scott[addsig]

I have a holley unit on my hotrod! But I have yet to start the engin, just crank it. Obviously not sure of it's performance, but it looks killer!

Sorry though

Johnny

P.S. Mr Gasket os onwed and operated by Holley performance, does that mean my FPR is junk too?? oh no!![addsig]

NAPA is replacing the regulator so I am giving Mr Gasket another shot. Had no idea they were owned by Holley. Had a Holley regulator on a 460 in my 70 Ford Ranger SWB. Widow maker! Never had any problems with it, but I wasn't concerned about too much fuel pressure (hard to pass a gas station without stopping for a refill!). Hope your hot rod go go goes.

Scott[addsig]

Back