Another New Guy on the block:

ybnorml

Hey Guys and Gals; Another new guy from Kansas and am lookin to u guys and gals for some advise, I have owned a Jeep the past and am ready to buy again. I am lookin to buy a 1980 CJ 7 and the guy that has it for sale has a 350 engine to go with the package, and was wondering if the transmission and bell housing from the 6 cylinder will work for a 350 engine. If it won't, what and how do I make the trans from the 6 cylinder work. All the advise and help will make my mind up on how much I want to spend on this Jeep. Thanks again and am glad I joined the group of such knowledgable people...........Ted Miller

Hey Ted and you are right ybnormal in deed. There are adapter plates from a to z to hook just about any thing up to any thing. Need to know what transmission is in there to start with and then need to know a bit more about the motor I think. As for a price thaere again the gambet can be run as to condition, mods, desire, and so on. I have a 79 cj7 with much to be desired in the way of needs and wants and got it for a 1300.00 check. Runs good but have to work out all the minor stuff that happens after years of gas and drive ownership. Good luck in the new jeep experence and hope we can help you along and if you have answers give up the wealth as you go along. Tug

ybnormal, i like it. welcome to jeepz.com, nice place, nice people, very informative. enjoy your stay.

ray

Back