Add-A-Leaf Kits

84_CJ7

Does anyone have any experience with the add-a-leaf kits? I want a temporary solution to the sagging front end on my CJ until I can get the lift kit that I want. This would run me around $100-$150 range and seems a good solution. Should I just add to the front or all around? Any thoughts?

Scott[addsig]

Rusty's Offroad has CJ AAL for $59 a pair. I have AAL front and rear on my YJ, but I made them myself from two front leaf packs. Gave about 1.5" of lift, and I've done it on 2 YJ's now. You can always add another CJ long leaf to the front, it's cheaper and a great temporary solution.

Remember to leave the main leaf attached to the Jeep when adding the extra leaf, no need to remove it. Search add-a-leaf on here and you'll find some great useful info.[addsig]

Since my CJ has that "front driver lean", would adding a leaf to all wheels continue to give me the lean or would it even out? Or should I just do the front?

Scott[addsig]

you can band-ade it or you can fix it. A 4" lift kit is not that much money for those and you will end up with all new leaf packs.

[addsig]

Back