87 yj questions

muddcakedmaniac

Hey, im 15 and my dad and i are rebuilding a 1987 yj wrangler. I wanted to get a 54" stainless steel front bumper but i got confused when looking for a matching rear one. Then i saw these rear bumpers bracket things and was just wondering if i would buy 2 front bumpers and mount one on the rear crossmember with the brackets? One more thing, lift kits , i want a 4in lift. Any suggestions? Im looking for 700$ or less

Don't buy a front for the rear. They make ones that fit.

For the kind of money you are talking about you should be able to buy front and rear bumpers... and then some.

there are plenty of after market bumpers out there - i agree w/twisted - get ones designed to go where they go - check out "A to Z Fabrication" ( www.atozfabrication.com ) they have some great products at a good price - i have a 4" HellCreek lift and really like it - $425 + freight and its a pretty complete kit - there are other threads out there covering lifts - pay the most attention to what NOT to buy (i.e. Pro Comp. etc...) = good luck w/the build and... WELCOME TO JEEPS! I think you'll like it here - LOTS of great help and advice and no blazing you for "stupid questions!!!" (well besides a little ribbing here and there...)

Back