77 jeep cj7 models

xfalcon

I just decoded my vin and would like to know how do I know what model it is for that year. If it happends to be a golden eagle how do I find out this information?

This vehicle's data:
Year 1977
Plant / Transmission Toledo, 3-speed, Left Hand Drive
(GVW) Rating 4150 lbs GVW, models 83, 84, & 93
Engine V8, 304 CID, 150 HP
Model Year 1977

Thank you

I am pretty sure the 1976 would have been a golden eagle, in celebration of our bicentennial.
That is when stuff was labeled that.

The golden Eagle was a trim package. it was indeed available in '77. The most notable features were a large eagle decal on the hood & gold painted "wagon stlye" wheels. Here's info from a 1978 Jeep brochure....I'm not sure what may have been different in "77.
Dealers Brochure."
Golden Eagle Package:
The CJ Golden Eagle package includes tan Levi’s vinyl front bucket and rear bench seats with color keyed interior; full carpeting in brown; the Décor Group (substitutes black anodized rocker panel for chrome) and Convenience Group; tachometer and rally clock; five 8” spoked steel wheels painted gold with black accent stripes; 9-15 Tracket A-T outlined letter tires; wheellip extensions; roll bar; rear swing away spare tire carrier (CJ-7); fixed back panel and rear spare mounted (CJ-5); spare wheel lock; tan Levi’s soft top; special Golden Eagle hood decal with name lettering in gold and black; and body side, front fender and grille striping."

Read more: How do you know if you have a golden eagle??? - Jeep-CJ Forums

Hope that helps.

The golden Eagle was a trim package. it was indeed available in '77. The most notable features were a large eagle decal on the hood & gold painted "wagon stlye" wheels. Here's info from a 1978 Jeep brochure....I'm not sure what may have been different in "77.
Dealers Brochure."
Golden Eagle Package:
The CJ Golden Eagle package includes tan Levi’s vinyl front bucket and rear bench seats with color keyed interior; full carpeting in brown; the Décor Group (substitutes black anodized rocker panel for chrome) and Convenience Group; tachometer and rally clock; five 8” spoked steel wheels painted gold with black accent stripes; 9-15 Tracket A-T outlined letter tires; wheellip extensions; roll bar; rear swing away spare tire carrier (CJ-7); fixed back panel and rear spare mounted (CJ-5); spare wheel lock; tan Levi’s soft top; special Golden Eagle hood decal with name lettering in gold and black; and body side, front fender and grille striping."

Read more: How do you know if you have a golden eagle??? - Jeep-CJ Forums

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the info, looking like it just a old 77 cj7.

Attachments

• jeep1.JPG
    jeep1.JPG
    579.2 KB · Views: 39
Back