35s of my jeep?

muddcakedmaniac

Hey i got a 4'' lift from bds, a 1'' body lift and since the springs are military wrapped im getting new shackles. I was wondering if i am goin to be able to fit 35s on my 87 yj? if i can will there be any bad effects from it in the future ? :?:

If they dont fit just throw on TJ flares and/or extended bumpstops.

How to search for previous posts?

muddcakedmaniac said:
will that really work??

Yep, it should work fine. That is what I would do.

And if you still don't like it, you can put in a taller body lift of cut the fenders even more.

It will work. But if you disconnect the sway bars and and flex offroad. They are going to rub in the rear flares.

Re: 95 YJ Hardtop for sale in Boregon and possibly hard door

so i guess overall it would be best to stay with 33s and not go for the 35s??

whats wrong?

Judging by your name, I assume you like to play in the mud. If that's the case, I'd run the biggest tires I could fit. By the time you add a combination of a sensible shackle lift, BL, and the TJ flares, you'll clear just fine. And like Laneiac suggested, don't forget one of the best and easiest mods a mud runner can do......extended bumpstops.

Since I can't answer this, I will phrase this as a question: How will the stock axles hold up to 35" tires? Just something I would look into...Other than that, I would definately recommend 35's.

my 87 has 4 inch springs-2 inch bl-1 1/2 inch shackle- tj flares...and i can still hit the fenders with 35 mtrs( that suck in the mud)..go w/ more bl and keep the 35's...look into better axles soon..probably a new transmission also................

CJ5 Hard Top

Bumpstops...... Bumpstops........ Bumpstops...... Like Junkpile said, if your a mudder, they are one of the best and easiest mods...

What should I pay for this jeep???

Why the TJ flares? Waht does this gain?? I getting ready to cut the fender on my 90 YJ (going for the flat fender) but why the TJ flares?? I'm a little lost

Deadred

The TJs have larger wheel openings. In order to install those flares on a CJ or YJ you have to cut the fenders......providing more tire clearance.

Its amazing how much you can open up those wheel wells when going to a TJ flare. I went from barely clearing 31's to easily stuffing 33's...

RE: WTF... airing out my dirty laundry

well seeing how im only 15 and this is goin to be my first vehicle (im rebuilding it with my dad) i want it to be kicka$$ so i want to go with the 35s. And im definatly goin to go muddin when i can drive. But if i cant get it to fit with what ive done so far then ill go with the 33s. Cause i dont have the money for a new transmission or rear axle. And i dont want to cut the fenders like that..... ( when u guys say cut the fenders are you actually talkin about the body or the actual fenders, cause i dont see what the fenders would do to make it fit???)

Finally in Florida!!!

Yes cut the metal. Its not a big deal. Just paint over the cut areas with a good paint or bedliner. The TJ flares have a lip that covers up most of the cutting, no one will ever be able to tell unless they know what they are looking at.

Back