3" body lift

jeepn

I have 3" body lift in my Jeep. The problem is that the lift looks like it is plastic and kinda generic and its squishin the body mounts out from under it. So are these body lifts generic and should I just get rid of the 3" and go with 1" lift polyurethane body mounts? :-? [addsig]

Yes by all means remove the 3" body lift. Not only is that much body lift unsightly, it can be downright dangerous. The body can shear off from the frame...which would be a very bad thing. The one inch mounts would be much better and safer as well. Just make sure you get the right length bolts and make sure that they are GRADE 8 (accept no substitute hehe).

edited by: RayOvac, Apr 23, 2003 - 02:44 AM[addsig]

yeah... 3" for a body lift is a little too much... i've got a friend with a 4" body lift on a 4runner... but its all reinforced quite well... if you fill in all the void with something to help strengthen it, or add more mounts... its not so bad... but I would still suggest bringing it down and going with suspension lift[addsig]

what exactly does it do to the truck :-? [addsig]

what exactly does it do to the truck :-?

It does just what it sounds like. It lifts the body up off the frame by putting spacers in between the tub and the frame. The only advantages of it is that you get clearance for tires.

TARSI[addsig]

Back