2011 wrangler umlimited {trail rated} stock

Yuck question!!!- I bought my jeep brand new a year ago this month (2011 jeep wrangler unlimited trail rated) about six months ago I started noticing a little vibration (even after washing mud from undercarriage) so each time I took it to the dealership to be serviced I requested them to thoroughly check the front end and everything carefully- now just after I've had it serviced again, tires rotated and everything checked, I noticed a loud squeezing sound while driving...after crawling underneath to inspect, I find my reAr passenger side shock is completely disconnected, broke off somehow, the top part looks like a crushed can, and it's resting ontop of the exhaust, it has a few big nasty scratches on it . Also I've noticed that my low tire light has continuously stayed on since the rotation, and both rear tires seem loose, I an easily shake them like crazy with my foot. WHAT IN THE WORLD DID I DO TO MY JEEP!!?? Lol our driveway is like the king of red dirt/mud roads ever, and is a bit rough, but not that rough, we maintain it regularly.. Not to mention I was informed that my jeep was able to handle a lot, came fully loaded out from away bars, axel lock, even the beefy tires all stock off the lot... Sai it's rated for ROCK CLIMBING-I can safely say I've not attempted tht so far, as of now, this is my everyday ride, hauling my kids to school ect..... Please tell me what couldve cuased this and what could've been done to prevent this--- will my warranty cover this, if not, how much am I fixing to dish out my pocket?
Thanks!! :) happy trails

i would go right back to whoever serviced it and said it was good to go and do hand stands on the managers desk screaming and yelling. they should've caught the shock and rear tires being all funky.

If the rear tires are loose and they did the tire rotation, then they are trying to kill you! Was the service done by the dealership? I would demand an explanation for the shoddy workmanship, and it that shock wasn't hanging loose when you brought it in, they should replace it and repair any associated damage it may have caused. And, I'd be looking for a different place to have the Jeep serviced from here on...

Thank you guys for your replies- somehow all of my text didn't go thru-some sentences are not showing(I was having problems with my phone last night) I had it serviced a little over a month ago, so it's not fresh out of they're shop.-it was supposed to say that- also left out somehow, was that every time I've asked them over the past 6 months to check the front end and everything they would Repeatedly tell me they didn't have time to check it, that is until this last time, they kept it for 3 days, said they checked it all out, rotated the tires-which consistently get and stay low, tinted my windows-which was not completed as I requested, and my tires have also had a bad uneven wear pattern that we brought to their attention when dropping it off, when picked up we asked about it, they said its just bECUASE the grips and l don't understand. I just thought it was weird how when they finally "said" they checked everything this happens shortly afterward. Although I'm not sure they are to blame for the shock-I don't know!! I'm clueless!! This is my first jeep, but my first time to see a shock do this, and I'm wondering if I did this and how!!? Also I haven't even drove it much the past 2 weeks bECUASE I've needed to drive our farm truck for hauls, but when I got in it to go to the store this weekend is when I noticed it. My road hasn't been that bad either since I've had the jeep.
Another thing that didn't show up on my post was that it's a jeep wrangler RUBICON unlimited. If that makes a big difference.
I LOVE my jeep, and have quickly become a huge fan/jeep enthusiast, but still a newby! Anymore advise!!???

I dont think you did anything to cause the shock issue unless you went 4wheeling and flexed it to the point that the mount broke. Its just my opinion, but it sounds like your dealer has the attitude that because your a woman you dont know anything and do they feel like. I would take my husband back up there with me and talk to the manager of the shop and tell him your dissatisfaction with how you and your jeep have been treated. Almost sounds like sabotage, after they kept telling you they didnt have time and when they say they did look at it, this happend.
I would def speak to the manager.

I would take your husband too because they are definitely doing something because they feel they cAn get away with it. Does anyone else drive your jeep? A teen child or younger sibling? Maybe someone borrowed it and accidentally snapped it off but was scared to tell you?

Of course, a porter at the dealership could have borrowed it and done the damage too and then not reported it because they would lose their job. I had a buddy in high school who was a porter at a dealership. I will never leave a vehicle at a dealership because of what him and the others would do

Oh goodness! That's scary! And no way, no one has ever drove my jeep but me & my husband just a few times. But nobody but me for well over 4 months for sure! And I've always got my 2 small children with me, so no 4 wheeling for me! The only thing is my road is really muddy after rain, but there's nothing real horrible I drive through, I don't think I've even had to put it in 4 wheel drive this summer! I mean I hit small bumps on my road, but nothing major or new since I've had the jeep. I just called a different dealership in the next town over and I will be taking it there from now on! I will be speaking with the manager of the other place an give my reviews on their service as well!

Good for you! I would let him know you will tell everyone you speak with about their bad service as well. The small bumps you drive over wouldnt do that to your shock, now if it was a two, three foot hole and you hit about 40mph, then MAYBE. Good luck to you and I hope this bad experience with your first jeep doesn't turn you off.

Trail rated = sales ploy

for a while anybody could mail away for that little sticker on the side.

As for your shock failure, with out looking at a picture it is tough to determine the failure. I is most likely something that was defective from the manufacturer, but as long as your in warranty, dealerships problem to fix, and it is there burden to prove beyond a doubt that the failure was cause by something that would make it not warranty-able, but most won't do that becuase in the end, it's just cheaper to fix.

Trail rated = sales ploy

for a while anybody could mail away for that little sticker on the side.

That sticker is a joke, but I am trail rated and not a sales ploy.

It amazes me that, after several trips to the garage, several eyes must have seen this and all looked the other way just to keep a namesake.

We have a 09 unlimited Sahara. We use it as a "jeep" and so far no prob. I bet like the others have said.... A factory defect.

i put a trail rated badge on my 87 cherokee. i bought i on ebay. it made me laugh when i pulled up next to stock new jeeps who had the badge on theirs because my cherokee had a 5" lift and mud tires and was painted camo.

I understand the sticker can't guarantee anything un breakable, I was under the impression that with all the implements like the axel lock, sway bars and everything else I would have a dependable vehicle to drive in and out of my Lind dirt road without major worries. I have posted several pics of the shock.
Just spoke with the new dealership that's repairing g it, and they said after they got the dirt n mud sprayed out from under it, they were able to see it and determine it was nothing cuased by the other dealership, but they were checking everything to see what could have cuased it, would be next week before they got the new shock in. So what did I freakin do!?? Lol and I'm sure since there was mud it's not covered by warranty! We were just ordering a lift kit and looking at new mud tires to put on it, now I'm kinda scared!

Back