2000 TJ Top Help

wareaglewild85

Hey, Folks! New member here, with a need to glean fromyour experience!

I am looking to purchase a soft top and hardware for my 2000 TJ. I have seen Best Top, Rampage, Mopar, Rough Country tops on the web. From your experiences, are all replacement/kit tops created equal? The best price I have found is on a Rampage kit...pros or cons on this manufacturer?

Thanks, and Peace! 8)

Welcome to Jeepz.

I don't have any experience with replacement tops but I am in the market to replace mine. What I've found is that you get what you pay for. Created equal? Not likely. If you are looking at best/cheapest price it is probably also the thinnest material that will wear faster and be louder. Check out the Quadratec soft top advisor. They break it down into value, better, original and best. I would get the best that fits in your budget.

The best I would say is Best Top Sail Cloth,but you will pay for it.Full kit will run around $800.I have Pavement Ends top,it is about 8 years old and is starting show signs that I need to start putting money away for a new top.Sail Cloth is the the quietest and the thickest but you get what you pay for.

Back