fit 35's what size lift

laxpug19

Hey guys! i am out here in nor cal! saving up my money all winter to buy a lift and some bigger tires for the next year! I need to know what size lift is needed to fit 35" tires. I don't know whats out here, i am not going to be doing much rock climbing its not my thing. but i have heard there is some pretty good off roading places around. What should i be looking for in a lift? my budget for the lift is around 800... but i mean i can always safe up a couple more months for the really good one. i am just looking for the basics though.

4.5 minimum, 6 inch would be best, any thing that big a long arm kit would be the best.
If your not going to rock crawl it its better to sit on 33's and run a 4 inch lift, that way you can run a short arm kit. Take a look at 33 inch Toyo's compared to 35 inchers, there is not that much difference in height.

Consider a 4" or 4.5" kit with a 1" body lift. Your suspension geometry gets really bad with any taller of a suspension lift unless you spend a few grand for a long-arm kit, and the above 5" or 5.5" combo will clear 35" tires just fine.

Using a body lift in conjunction with a suspension lift helps keep your center of gravity lower than the same amount of lift only in suspension.

I fit tires that measure 35.5" on a 4" procomp spring and some generous fender tirmming and TJ flares to cover it. I have not yet put bump stops on the jeep and I get contact only at full stuff on the front, and it contacts pretty bad where aas the fenders are sort of pushed up into the hood, but I mashed the fenders into so many trees it kinda looks cool, well really not.

If you simply want a 35" tire to say you have a 35" tire, put BF G's AT's on, they only measure 33.75"

wait, you have a TJ huh... with adjustable rear control arms, you can stretch your rear axle out about an inch and fit 35's on a stock lift and some trimming. A guy in my club did it with lowered bump stops and iit really is cool looking. I will see if I can find a picture somewhere.

IMG_0597-1.jpg

to add I was wrong, he has a 1" Body lift, but springs are stock and no spacers

Back